Sunday, February 28, 2010

Vibram KSO Trek

Well I have every intention to go out and get a nice 5-miler on the trails this weekend. The weather had been beautiful for days and most of the snow had melted in the area. So when I finally made it to the trail I was so excited. Slipped my VFF's on and headed down the 3/4 mile gravel road that leads to the trail head. That's when my heart sank. There was still a good 6-8 inches of snow on the trail. Because of coverage and the way the hills are, the trail got virtually no snow melt. I made it a total of a mile into the trail before I had to turn around. I could not get any footing and my toes were about froze off.

So in the end I did just over 2 miles in the KSO Trek. The good news is that the extra protection really works. The road that leads to the trail has some pretty big rocks and I was able to cruise on through. Hopefully my next attempt will be more successful.

Cheers
Happy Running

No comments:

Post a Comment