Thursday, February 18, 2010

Vibram FiveFingers

The past two weeks have been the most exciting for me in some time. Last week I did my first official road run (well a warm-up run) on macadam. Because of the snow it was a little slower than desired, but was able to complete 1.24 miles at about an 8:15/mile pace. The best part about it there was no soreness or pain.

Just a bit of a sidebar. I have worn my Vibrams for daily use for over a year and have done several cool down trail runs with them as well.

Okay back to my previous thought. This week I just compeleted my 2nd and 3rd runs in my Vibrams. I ran 1.01 mile at 8:30/mile and 2.54 miles at 7:51/mile. The feet feel great, but with this last run my legs are a little sore. I think with a little roll on the TP Therapy rollers I will be just fine.

Just to give you an idea of what I am running in. I currently have the Vibram FiveFinger KSO and the KSO Trek. I can not wait to get the Trek's out on the trail. My next post will include pictures and some more information that I experience and can dig up with the runs. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment