Friday, October 2, 2009

First time out

I cannot decide what has possessed me to think I can start a blog, but I am going to give it a shot. I must warn you right now, my spelling and grammar are not always the best, so that is that.
I have determined that there are a plethora of running blogs out there; however this is as much for me as anything. I figure if I start writing about races that I attend and such, then I will be more apt to keep up with my running and focused on racing. My list of interest is fairly outdoorsy; I enjoy running, football (soccer), hiking and camping for the short list. I am very passionate about football and follow Newcastle United in the English Premier League. However, my passion as of the last 5+ years has been running. I just graduated college as a non-traditional student at the age of 34 and was the oldest member of the schools Division III XC team. I am currently a member of the UA Team Run. Although I go up and down with how often I get out on the road, when I am on the up side that is all I focus on. I am still young in my running career and still feel that I have a few years to continue up.
With all that out of the way, I hope to expose people to some little heard about, but really fun races, as well as the trials and tribulations that go along with trying to improve one’s running ability while still focusing on things that pay the bills. This is just an informal introduction and I anticipate that the writing should become slightly more exciting as we go along. Please check back soon as I will be updating the site with pictures and many other comments and little tidbits of info.

No comments:

Post a Comment